San Francisco-based retailer with two established and popular stores seeks a part-time Accounting Director to assist with innovating elements of a complex accounting process, overseeing monthly/annual closing of ledgers, and advanced financial reporting for senior management. The assignment could lead to an expanded, full-time position based on performance and pandemic recovery.
Qualified applicants will have prior experience in the retail or hospitality industry as a senior finance team member and the following skills:
- Expert in QuickBooks including custom report development
- Expert in retail analytics and creating insightful reports and dashboard KPIs
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Expert in preparation of work papers for state and federal taxes and liaison with outside CPA
- Expert in intercompany transaction reconciliations
- Expert in extracting information from external platforms including POS, payroll, time & attendance, inventory, merchandise return tracking, CRM
- Advanced experience in business intelligence software configuration
- Advanced experience in financial projections, cash flow and breakeven analysis
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates with experience in real estate finance (in addition to retail or hospitality) will receive priority consideration.
This position can work from home and/or an Oakland office and collaborates with the CEO, COO and Finance Manager. Estimated hours per week are 15-30.
*Benefits include two weeks of accrued paid vacation per year, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for full-time employees.
We proudly support the San Francisco Equity Program. If you meet the criteria as an equity applicant at http://www.officeofcannabis.sfgov.org, please inform us in your cover letter for priority processing.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $55.00 – $65.00 per hour
*PPE Provided (masks, face shields, gloves, sanitizer), disinfect regularly
*Daily Health Check-In
*Emergency COVID Pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 5 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply