We appreciate the possibilities presented by the emerging cannabis market and are committed to assisting consumers navigate the complexities of federal, state, and neighborhood laws and regulations. Our devoted legal group develops inventive and agile enterprise options that let corporations, lenders, investors, cultivators, processors, caregivers, transporters, landlords, and other folks to address present contradictions involving agencies and jurisdictions, with no limiting future alternatives when these contradictions are resolved. Foley has played a crucial function in some of the highest profile transactions in the market to date.
Foley’s Cannabis Sector Group advises consumers on ideal practices with regards to corporate formation and finance, joint ventures, tax approaches, market-focused compliance applications, patent and intellectual home protections, true estate leasing, multistate licensing, SEC compliance, and in connection with government investigations involving the Division of Justice, the SEC, and other enforcement authorities.
Our attorneys serve as insurance coverage counsel for each cannabis corporations searching for coverage and insurers weighing threat management issues, and as employment counsel for non-cannabis corporations managing drug-testing policies that address their staff’s off-duty usage. Our group is specifically mindful of the overall health care industry’s interest in marijuana, and consistently advises hospitals and lengthy-term care facilities on legal compliance in the course of patient care.
Worth We Deliver
- Multidisciplinary group harnessing decades of expertise to make predictive options in the absence of precedent
- Collaborative method to counsel, created to address challenges with our clients’ enterprise objectives in thoughts
- Knowledgeable representation in handling a range of interactions with the FDA, DEA, DOJ, EPA, and other federal, state, neighborhood, and tribal governing bodies
- Skilled representation in home leasing negotiations for dispensaries
- Intellectual home counsel, such as patent protection, for biomedical and other solutions
- Sensible threat management and mitigation counsel
- Legal and IP due diligence, such as FTO critiques
- Zealous advocacy in litigation and government investigations
Core Places of Counsel
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Corporate & Securities
- Government Investigations
- Overall health Care
- Insurance coverage
- Intellectual Home
- Labor & Employment
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Genuine Estate & Land Use
- White-Collar Criminal Defense